Delete and uninstall Greatsearch.org browser hijacker,Malware From Windows 7, 8 and 10.
Are you getting your homepage and search webpage changed to Greatsearch.org? Are you unable to browse Internet easily? Are you getting slow Internet speed? Well, then continue reading the post and get ultimate solution to remove Greatsearch.org from PC effectively.
Greatsearch.org is yet another malicious domain that present itself to users as a search portal claiming to give the best search results. At glance the webpage look convincing as well as incorporate quick links to popular web services like Facebook, Gmail, Yahoo, eBay, Amazon, Twitter, YouTube and Wikipedia. Many user gets impressed with its interface but security researchers found this as malicious domain that only mission is to cheat money from computer users. It's found that associated with a browser hijacker that basically comes into your system as browser add-on named 'GreatSearch.' The very malicious domain is part of network of untrusted search engines that is hosted on the 18.104.22.168 IP address. With all the bad intention to earn profit in illegal money through generating revenue through generating traffic to some malicious domain and showing sponsored ads cyber criminals created this nasty program and also distributed it widely over Internet in order to maximize profit.
Greatsearch.org is nasty domain that is created on 2017-01-27 and last time gets updated on 2017-03-29. The domain is hosted on 22.214.171.124 IP address and IP location is Zuid-holland – Maasdijk – Worldstream B.v. Normally it comes inside your CP through bundled with freeware program or sneaks through updating outdated application following redirect links. Clicks to suspicious ads and offers, sharing data using infected drive or in open network or nevertheless opening or downloading spam email attachments are some common intrusion methods. It totally hampers online activity as it cause unwanted redirection and too slows down Internet speed. It is too capable to monitors Internet activity. Hence it is strongly recommended to delete Greatsearch.org from PC immediately.
Greatsearch.org is delegated as one of the most harmful and perilous browser infection which is able to hijack all crucial details. It mainly attacks on all Windows OS System by installing some add-ons, plug-ins, malicious codes, browser extension and many more on most popular web browser such as Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Bing, Yahoo, Microsoft Edge even Safari and many more. This infection is mainly created by cyber crooks to generate revenues from innocent users. It seems as legitimate and beneficial for user that claims to enhance their System or Internet performance but in reality, it is really totally different from as it stated because it invites more harmful threat, spyware, spammers, key-loggers and other malware to enters into user PC and execute its malicious codes by open the System backdoors. Greatsearch.org is mainly used to make money for unknown from user by generating lots of web-traffic, promoting sponsored product, tracking user’s online activities, browsing history and many other crucial data such as various banking login details, contact details, password, Debit or Credit card details, address etc.
Impacts of Greatsearch.org:
If Once Greatsearch.org gets successfully intrudes into your PC, it will cause lots of harms for your Windows PC. It will always redirected you into random or dubious sites that disallows you to visit infected web sites and force you to buy sponsored product. The most common symptom of this threat after intruding into your System is to change your System, DNS or browser setting without asking for your approval and replace your homepage and default search engine with unfamiliar ones, so that it can easily promote sponsored product.
List of some common impact of Greatsearch.org after intruding into user System are listed below:
- Display alert or pop-up ads:- After intruding into your PC, this threat may display lots of fake security alerts or warning messages in which it mentioned that “Your System is in dangerous situation ad you have to buy some rogues application”. It may also bombards tons of annoying or irritating pop-up ads including banners, deals, promo-codes, in-text links and many other online intrusive advertisements.
- Drops down System speed:- It highly consumes more and more CPU usage and System resources to degrades System or Internet speed, so that you have to pay lots of time to perform a single task such as loading any web-pages, execute any programs, restart or shut down System etc.
- Loss of confidential details:- This threat is usually connect innocent user with remote hackers which steal their all personal details to earn money for them. So it is responsible for releasing your privacy.
- System crash:- It is able to mess up entire System or browser setting and crash user System. It can makes your System completely strange by performing lots of illegal activities.
- Damage Security Tools:- This threat can damage your System security tools or firewall settings, so that it cannot be easily detected by you.
How Greatsearch.org Infiltrate Within Compromised PC:
Greatsearch.org is really very nasty threat which is able to silently lurks into the user PC without asking for their approval. It enters into user PC with malicious codes that hides itself behind the user System background. There are some common source of this threat to compromised into the user PC which is listed below:-
- Bundled of free software packages:- This threat usually hides it’s malicious codes with freeware packages, unsafe programs and various third-party applications that installed into your PC from unsafe or unknown sources.
- Junk mail attachments:- It may intrudes into your PC, when you open any Spam-emails or download any junk mail attachments.
- Social sites:- when user used and unsafe webpages, visit any malicious websites, open any unauthenticated web pages then it may possible that this threat may intrudes into your PC.
- Use of any Infected media devices:- It is one of the method to intrudes its malicious codes into the user PC. so user should be aware before using any peripheral devices.
- P2P File sharing network:- Sharing any pornographic contents, malicious files, infectious programs over the Internet may intrudes this threat into your PC etc
- Other Method:- There are another lots of intrusion method of Greatsearch.org to enter into user PC and makes them weird and sluggish.
How to Avoid Greatsearch.org in Future:
To safe Windows System from future attack of Greatsearch.org or other malicious infection, user need to be very careful about their System. Some precaution tips are listed below, so that you can safe your System for future which are as follows:-
- User must be careful in reading junk or Spam-email attachments.
- Use of an effective anti-spyware program and update it on regularly basis.
- Don’t get trapped by ads and avoid free downloads.
- Time to time change your email address or passwords.
- Never reply to junk mail and delete them from your inbox.
- Increase security level of your browser.
- Block IP addresses of sources SPAM emails.
- Pay extra caution in downloading any files over Internet.
- Always update Windows OS from Microsoft’s website
Manual Steps To Uninstall Greatsearch.org Manually:
Since we can see that Greatsearch.org can cause lots of harms, so it is very necessary to remove it to safe System from further harms. To uninstall it from the infected System, manual method is the first choice for everyone because sometimes, it cannot be extract by the anti-malware program. Thus, go through with the manual guide to remove it easily and completely
From Microsoft Edge-
Step 1:- Open Task Manager and select Processes Tab. Locate and Terminate Edge process by selecting End Task.
Step 2:- Stop the Internet Connection
Step 3:- Navigate directory and delete the last folder.
Step 4:- Hold Windows Key and R and click OK.
From Google Chrome-
Step 1:- Start ChromeStep 2:- Type:- chrome://extensions/ in the address bar
Step 3:- Find Greatsearch.org from the list of add-ons and click bin icon
Step 4:- Remove it.
From Mozilla Firefox-
Step 1:- Open Mozilla Firefox
Step 2:- Type about:add-ons in the address a bar and click on Extensions tab.
Step 3:- Locate Greatsearch.org from the list of extension.
Step 4:- Select Delete to remove it.
From Internet Explorer-
Step 1:- Open Internet Explorer.Step 2:- Choose manage add-ons from the main menu and select Toolbar and Extension Tab.Step 3:- Select Greatsearch.org from Internet ExplorerStep 4:- Click on Disable button to remove it
Remove Greatsearch.org from Windows Vista-
Step 1:- Go> Start
Step 2:- Select Control PanelStep 3:- From the list of menu select Program and Features optionStep 4:- Now select Uninstall option for further processes.
Step 5:- Locate all entries which are related to Greatsearch.orgStep 6:- Click on Uninstall option.
Remove Greatsearch.org from Windows 7-
Step 1:- Go to Start button and select Control PanelStep 2:- From Control panel select Programs and Features. After selecting this option select Uninstall a program.Step 3:- From the list of installed programs find all entries which are related to Greatsearch.org.Step 4:- After finding click on Uninstall option.
Remove Greatsearch.org from Windows 8-
Step 1:- Right click on the bottom left corner of the screenStep 2:- Choose Control Panel From the menu
Step 3:- Under Programs and Features click Uninstall a programStep 4:- Locate programs that can be connected with Greatsearch.org or other related suspicious program.Step 5:- Click on Uninstall button.
Step 6:- Wait until process is complete
Remove Greatsearch.org from Windows 10-
Step 1:- Right click on the windows iconStep 2:- Select Control panel from the listed menu
Step 3:- Select Programs and Features from the control panelStep 4:- Now select Uninstall a program
Step 5:- Find all Greatsearch.org related programsStep 6:- Click on Uninstall button after finding programs.
From this way, you can easily remove Greatsearch.org from System but if you are unable to do steps of manual methods then you should use Free Scanner Removal Tool. It is really an effective tool which comes with very simple and user-friendly interface. This tool is able to remove all malicious program from the user PC.User Guide:
Step 1:- Install Free Scanner Removal Tool on Your PC.
Step 2:- HelpDesk:- This feature of recovery tool helps to sort out all the problem related to user System. Step 3:- SystemGuard:- It integrates various proactive elements into one integrated panel which is able to automatically blocks malicious process to execute.
Step 4:- Network Sentry:- It protect user System network connectivity.
Step 5:- Scan scheduler:- With scan scheduler you can scan your System at pre-set time like daily, weekly or monthly basis.
Step 6:- Custom scan settings:– It allows user to isolate their scan to search specific areas of user PC
Step 7:- BackUp:- User can restore backed up objects or data any time by using rollback feature.
Step 8:- Exclusion:- It helps to scan excluded files which are not repaired at the time of scanning.
Step 9:- General settings:- In this settings, you have to activate your account by filling your details after purchasing tool.