Hey, today I visit my friend’s house and he told me that his browser was infected with DuckDuckGo. Every time he removes this threat from browser, it will appear again. It can alter the browser settings and slow down the system. Please help him to get rid out from this problem. Thanks in advance.
DuckDuckGo is dangerous threat that can be classified as browser hijacker. It is mainly created by cyber crooks with main purpose to make illegal money from innocent users. once it enter into the PC, it will alter your browser settings including home page, new tab page and search engine and redirect your search result to malicious web page. It will replace your legitimate search engine like Google, Bing and Yahoo with DuckDuckGo.com. After redirection, it will display lots of pop-ups and advertisement that irritate the users. It can also promote the third party products and generate revenue for sponsored links. Even if you set up your browser again, you will again see DuckDuckGo.com on the home page.
DuckDuckGo is mainly spread via spam email attachments, free software download from suspicious source, clicking on malicious ads, visiting suspicious sites like porn and torrent sites and much more. Also this web browser hijacker also installs malicious extension, add-ons and plug-ins that will open advertising and pop-up and make the browser dull. After infiltration, it will mess up with DNS as well as system settings that can install other adware or malware threat into the system. It can also block anti-virus and other security tools to hide itself into the system for a long time. Through this virus cyber criminals monitor your online activities and track your browsing details.
This browser hijacker is no nasty that can able to collect all your vital information and send to cyber criminals for misuse. It can also consume lots of space of system resources that can degrade the performance of PC. So, it is hardly advised that never open junk emails from unknown senders and never install or download software from third party sites. Read terms and condition carefully before installation, Therefore, it is strongly recommended you to delete DuckDuckGo from the PC immediately.
DuckDuckGo is delegated as one of the most harmful and perilous browser infection which is able to hijack all crucial details. It mainly attacks on all Windows OS System by installing some add-ons, plug-ins, malicious codes, browser extension and many more on most popular web browser such as Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Bing, Yahoo, Microsoft Edge even Safari and many more. This infection is mainly created by cyber crooks to generate revenues from innocent users. It seems as legitimate and beneficial for user that claims to enhance their System or Internet performance but in reality, it is really totally different from as it stated because it invites more harmful threat, spyware, spammers, key-loggers and other malware to enters into user PC and execute its malicious codes by open the System backdoors. DuckDuckGo is mainly used to make money for unknown from user by generating lots of web-traffic, promoting sponsored product, tracking user’s online activities, browsing history and many other crucial data such as various banking login details, contact details, password, Debit or Credit card details, address etc.
Impacts of DuckDuckGo:
If Once DuckDuckGo gets successfully intrudes into your PC, it will cause lots of harms for your Windows PC. It will always redirected you into random or dubious sites that disallows you to visit infected web sites and force you to buy sponsored product. The most common symptom of this threat after intruding into your System is to change your System, DNS or browser setting without asking for your approval and replace your homepage and default search engine with unfamiliar ones, so that it can easily promote sponsored product.
List of some common impact of DuckDuckGo after intruding into user System are listed below:
- Display alert or pop-up ads:- After intruding into your PC, this threat may display lots of fake security alerts or warning messages in which it mentioned that “Your System is in dangerous situation ad you have to buy some rogues application”. It may also bombards tons of annoying or irritating pop-up ads including banners, deals, promo-codes, in-text links and many other online intrusive advertisements.
- Drops down System speed:- It highly consumes more and more CPU usage and System resources to degrades System or Internet speed, so that you have to pay lots of time to perform a single task such as loading any web-pages, execute any programs, restart or shut down System etc.
- Loss of confidential details:- This threat is usually connect innocent user with remote hackers which steal their all personal details to earn money for them. So it is responsible for releasing your privacy.
- System crash:- It is able to mess up entire System or browser setting and crash user System. It can makes your System completely strange by performing lots of illegal activities.
- Damage Security Tools:- This threat can damage your System security tools or firewall settings, so that it cannot be easily detected by you.
How DuckDuckGo Infiltrate Within Compromised PC:
DuckDuckGo is really very nasty threat which is able to silently lurks into the user PC without asking for their approval. It enters into user PC with malicious codes that hides itself behind the user System background. There are some common source of this threat to compromised into the user PC which is listed below:-
- Bundled of free software packages:- This threat usually hides it’s malicious codes with freeware packages, unsafe programs and various third-party applications that installed into your PC from unsafe or unknown sources.
- Junk mail attachments:- It may intrudes into your PC, when you open any Spam-emails or download any junk mail attachments.
- Social sites:- when user used and unsafe webpages, visit any malicious websites, open any unauthenticated web pages then it may possible that this threat may intrudes into your PC.
- Use of any Infected media devices:- It is one of the method to intrudes its malicious codes into the user PC. so user should be aware before using any peripheral devices.
- P2P File sharing network:- Sharing any pornographic contents, malicious files, infectious programs over the Internet may intrudes this threat into your PC etc
- Other Method:- There are another lots of intrusion method of DuckDuckGo to enter into user PC and makes them weird and sluggish.
How to Avoid DuckDuckGo in Future:
To safe Windows System from future attack of DuckDuckGo or other malicious infection, user need to be very careful about their System. Some precaution tips are listed below, so that you can safe your System for future which are as follows:-
- User must be careful in reading junk or Spam-email attachments.
- Use of an effective anti-spyware program and update it on regularly basis.
- Don’t get trapped by ads and avoid free downloads.
- Time to time change your email address or passwords.
- Never reply to junk mail and delete them from your inbox.
- Increase security level of your browser.
- Block IP addresses of sources SPAM emails.
- Pay extra caution in downloading any files over Internet.
- Always update Windows OS from Microsoft’s website
Manual Steps To Uninstall DuckDuckGo Manually:
Since we can see that DuckDuckGo can cause lots of harms, so it is very necessary to remove it to safe System from further harms. To uninstall it from the infected System, manual method is the first choice for everyone because sometimes, it cannot be extract by the anti-malware program. Thus, go through with the manual guide to remove it easily and completely
From Microsoft Edge-
Step 1:- Open Task Manager and select Processes Tab. Locate and Terminate Edge process by selecting End Task.
Step 2:- Stop the Internet Connection
Step 3:- Navigate directory and delete the last folder.
Step 4:- Hold Windows Key and R and click OK.
From Google Chrome-
Step 1:- Start ChromeStep 2:- Type:- chrome://extensions/ in the address bar
Step 3:- Find DuckDuckGo from the list of add-ons and click bin icon
Step 4:- Remove it.
From Mozilla Firefox-
Step 1:- Open Mozilla Firefox
Step 2:- Type about:add-ons in the address a bar and click on Extensions tab.
Step 3:- Locate DuckDuckGo from the list of extension.
Step 4:- Select Delete to remove it.
From Internet Explorer-
Step 1:- Open Internet Explorer.Step 2:- Choose manage add-ons from the main menu and select Toolbar and Extension Tab.Step 3:- Select DuckDuckGo from Internet ExplorerStep 4:- Click on Disable button to remove it
Remove DuckDuckGo from Windows Vista-
Step 1:- Go> Start
Step 2:- Select Control PanelStep 3:- From the list of menu select Program and Features optionStep 4:- Now select Uninstall option for further processes.
Step 5:- Locate all entries which are related to DuckDuckGoStep 6:- Click on Uninstall option.
Remove DuckDuckGo from Windows 7-
Step 1:- Go to Start button and select Control PanelStep 2:- From Control panel select Programs and Features. After selecting this option select Uninstall a program.Step 3:- From the list of installed programs find all entries which are related to DuckDuckGo.Step 4:- After finding click on Uninstall option.
Remove DuckDuckGo from Windows 8-
Step 1:- Right click on the bottom left corner of the screenStep 2:- Choose Control Panel From the menu
Step 3:- Under Programs and Features click Uninstall a programStep 4:- Locate programs that can be connected with DuckDuckGo or other related suspicious program.Step 5:- Click on Uninstall button.
Step 6:- Wait until process is complete
Remove DuckDuckGo from Windows 10-
Step 1:- Right click on the windows iconStep 2:- Select Control panel from the listed menu
Step 3:- Select Programs and Features from the control panelStep 4:- Now select Uninstall a program
Step 5:- Find all DuckDuckGo related programsStep 6:- Click on Uninstall button after finding programs.
From this way, you can easily remove DuckDuckGo from System but if you are unable to do steps of manual methods then you should use Free Scanner Removal Tool. It is really an effective tool which comes with very simple and user-friendly interface. This tool is able to remove all malicious program from the user PC.User Guide:
Step 1:- Install Free Scanner Removal Tool on Your PC.
Step 2:- HelpDesk:- This feature of recovery tool helps to sort out all the problem related to user System. Step 3:- SystemGuard:- It integrates various proactive elements into one integrated panel which is able to automatically blocks malicious process to execute.
Step 4:- Network Sentry:- It protect user System network connectivity.
Step 5:- Scan scheduler:- With scan scheduler you can scan your System at pre-set time like daily, weekly or monthly basis.
Step 6:- Custom scan settings:– It allows user to isolate their scan to search specific areas of user PC
Step 7:- BackUp:- User can restore backed up objects or data any time by using rollback feature.
Step 8:- Exclusion:- It helps to scan excluded files which are not repaired at the time of scanning.
Step 9:- General settings:- In this settings, you have to activate your account by filling your details after purchasing tool.