What to do? My Internet got hijacked by 12startpage.com Virus. I couldn’t start my browser likes Google Chrome or Internet Explorer normally. Why had my default homepage been changed to be 12startpage.com without my permission? How can I get rid of this pesky browser hijacker? Please help!
12startpage.com is the notorious threat that comes under the category of browser hijacker. It is mainly developed by cyber criminals with main motive to make illegal benefit from infected users. It claims to enhance better browsing experience by giving best and relevant search result. So, many users think that it is a legitimate and useful search engine. Once it gets installed on the PC, it will modify browser settings including home, page, new tab page and search engine and replace your search engine with 12startpage.com. It can also redirect your search result to suspicious web pages. After redirection, it will display lots of pop-ups and ads that can promote third party products and generate revenue for sponsored links. It can mainly target the useful web application like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge and Safari.
12startpage.com is mainly spread via spam email attachments, playing online games, free software download from suspicious sites, clicking on malicious ads, visiting suspicious sites like porn and torrent sites and much more. It can add malicious extension, add-ons and plug-ins into the browser that reroute your browser to ad-supported sites for gaining profit from infected users. After penetration, it will alter system settings like Window Registry that can install other adware and malware threats into the system. It can also block anti-virus and other security application to hide into the system for a long time. This browser infection is so nasty that can consume lots of space of system resources that can degrade the performance of PC.
Through this virus, cyber hacker monitors your online activities and tracks your browsing details. It can also collect the sensitive information and send to the cyber crooks for misuse. Therefore, it is hardly advised that never install or download software from suspicious source. Read terms and condition carefully before installation. Try to remove 12startpage.com from the PC as quickly as possible.
12startpage.com is delegated as one of the most harmful and perilous browser infection which is able to hijack all crucial details. It mainly attacks on all Windows OS System by installing some add-ons, plug-ins, malicious codes, browser extension and many more on most popular web browser such as Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Bing, Yahoo, Microsoft Edge even Safari and many more. This infection is mainly created by cyber crooks to generate revenues from innocent users. It seems as legitimate and beneficial for user that claims to enhance their System or Internet performance but in reality, it is really totally different from as it stated because it invites more harmful threat, spyware, spammers, key-loggers and other malware to enters into user PC and execute its malicious codes by open the System backdoors. 12startpage.com is mainly used to make money for unknown from user by generating lots of web-traffic, promoting sponsored product, tracking user’s online activities, browsing history and many other crucial data such as various banking login details, contact details, password, Debit or Credit card details, address etc.
Impacts of 12startpage.com:
If Once 12startpage.com gets successfully intrudes into your PC, it will cause lots of harms for your Windows PC. It will always redirected you into random or dubious sites that disallows you to visit infected web sites and force you to buy sponsored product. The most common symptom of this threat after intruding into your System is to change your System, DNS or browser setting without asking for your approval and replace your homepage and default search engine with unfamiliar ones, so that it can easily promote sponsored product.
List of some common impact of 12startpage.com after intruding into user System are listed below:
- Display alert or pop-up ads:- After intruding into your PC, this threat may display lots of fake security alerts or warning messages in which it mentioned that “Your System is in dangerous situation ad you have to buy some rogues application”. It may also bombards tons of annoying or irritating pop-up ads including banners, deals, promo-codes, in-text links and many other online intrusive advertisements.
- Drops down System speed:- It highly consumes more and more CPU usage and System resources to degrades System or Internet speed, so that you have to pay lots of time to perform a single task such as loading any web-pages, execute any programs, restart or shut down System etc.
- Loss of confidential details:- This threat is usually connect innocent user with remote hackers which steal their all personal details to earn money for them. So it is responsible for releasing your privacy.
- System crash:- It is able to mess up entire System or browser setting and crash user System. It can makes your System completely strange by performing lots of illegal activities.
- Damage Security Tools:- This threat can damage your System security tools or firewall settings, so that it cannot be easily detected by you.
How 12startpage.com Infiltrate Within Compromised PC:
12startpage.com is really very nasty threat which is able to silently lurks into the user PC without asking for their approval. It enters into user PC with malicious codes that hides itself behind the user System background. There are some common source of this threat to compromised into the user PC which is listed below:-
- Bundled of free software packages:- This threat usually hides it’s malicious codes with freeware packages, unsafe programs and various third-party applications that installed into your PC from unsafe or unknown sources.
- Junk mail attachments:- It may intrudes into your PC, when you open any Spam-emails or download any junk mail attachments.
- Social sites:- when user used and unsafe webpages, visit any malicious websites, open any unauthenticated web pages then it may possible that this threat may intrudes into your PC.
- Use of any Infected media devices:- It is one of the method to intrudes its malicious codes into the user PC. so user should be aware before using any peripheral devices.
- P2P File sharing network:- Sharing any pornographic contents, malicious files, infectious programs over the Internet may intrudes this threat into your PC etc
- Other Method:- There are another lots of intrusion method of 12startpage.com to enter into user PC and makes them weird and sluggish.
How to Avoid 12startpage.com in Future:
To safe Windows System from future attack of 12startpage.com or other malicious infection, user need to be very careful about their System. Some precaution tips are listed below, so that you can safe your System for future which are as follows:-
- User must be careful in reading junk or Spam-email attachments.
- Use of an effective anti-spyware program and update it on regularly basis.
- Don’t get trapped by ads and avoid free downloads.
- Time to time change your email address or passwords.
- Never reply to junk mail and delete them from your inbox.
- Increase security level of your browser.
- Block IP addresses of sources SPAM emails.
- Pay extra caution in downloading any files over Internet.
- Always update Windows OS from Microsoft’s website
Manual Steps To Uninstall 12startpage.com Manually:
Since we can see that 12startpage.com can cause lots of harms, so it is very necessary to remove it to safe System from further harms. To uninstall it from the infected System, manual method is the first choice for everyone because sometimes, it cannot be extract by the anti-malware program. Thus, go through with the manual guide to remove it easily and completely
From Microsoft Edge-
Step 1:- Open Task Manager and select Processes Tab. Locate and Terminate Edge process by selecting End Task.
Step 2:- Stop the Internet Connection
Step 3:- Navigate directory and delete the last folder.
Step 4:- Hold Windows Key and R and click OK.
From Google Chrome-
Step 1:- Start ChromeStep 2:- Type:- chrome://extensions/ in the address bar
Step 3:- Find 12startpage.com from the list of add-ons and click bin icon
Step 4:- Remove it.
From Mozilla Firefox-
Step 1:- Open Mozilla Firefox
Step 2:- Type about:add-ons in the address a bar and click on Extensions tab.
Step 3:- Locate 12startpage.com from the list of extension.
Step 4:- Select Delete to remove it.
From Internet Explorer-
Step 1:- Open Internet Explorer.Step 2:- Choose manage add-ons from the main menu and select Toolbar and Extension Tab.Step 3:- Select 12startpage.com from Internet ExplorerStep 4:- Click on Disable button to remove it
Remove 12startpage.com from Windows Vista-
Step 1:- Go> Start
Step 2:- Select Control PanelStep 3:- From the list of menu select Program and Features optionStep 4:- Now select Uninstall option for further processes.
Step 5:- Locate all entries which are related to 12startpage.comStep 6:- Click on Uninstall option.
Remove 12startpage.com from Windows 7-
Step 1:- Go to Start button and select Control PanelStep 2:- From Control panel select Programs and Features. After selecting this option select Uninstall a program.Step 3:- From the list of installed programs find all entries which are related to 12startpage.com.Step 4:- After finding click on Uninstall option.
Remove 12startpage.com from Windows 8-
Step 1:- Right click on the bottom left corner of the screenStep 2:- Choose Control Panel From the menu
Step 3:- Under Programs and Features click Uninstall a programStep 4:- Locate programs that can be connected with 12startpage.com or other related suspicious program.Step 5:- Click on Uninstall button.
Step 6:- Wait until process is complete
Remove 12startpage.com from Windows 10-
Step 1:- Right click on the windows iconStep 2:- Select Control panel from the listed menu
Step 3:- Select Programs and Features from the control panelStep 4:- Now select Uninstall a program
Step 5:- Find all 12startpage.com related programsStep 6:- Click on Uninstall button after finding programs.
From this way, you can easily remove 12startpage.com from System but if you are unable to do steps of manual methods then you should use Free Scanner Removal Tool. It is really an effective tool which comes with very simple and user-friendly interface. This tool is able to remove all malicious program from the user PC.User Guide:
Step 1:- Install Free Scanner Removal Tool on Your PC.
Step 2:- HelpDesk:- This feature of recovery tool helps to sort out all the problem related to user System. Step 3:- SystemGuard:- It integrates various proactive elements into one integrated panel which is able to automatically blocks malicious process to execute.
Step 4:- Network Sentry:- It protect user System network connectivity.
Step 5:- Scan scheduler:- With scan scheduler you can scan your System at pre-set time like daily, weekly or monthly basis.
Step 6:- Custom scan settings:– It allows user to isolate their scan to search specific areas of user PC
Step 7:- BackUp:- User can restore backed up objects or data any time by using rollback feature.
Step 8:- Exclusion:- It helps to scan excluded files which are not repaired at the time of scanning.
Step 9:- General settings:- In this settings, you have to activate your account by filling your details after purchasing tool.